Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Dear Parents,

It was so great to see so many parents at our Open House.  If you were not able to attend please feel free to call me if you have any questions about the third grade program.  As I mentioned at open house, please feel free to contact me at anytime.

The class has settled into the routines of third grade. The children are working hard in math to master place value and using a number line. We will have a quiz on Friday on unit 1. In writing we are working on narrowing our topics in order to write a detailed personal narrative. The children are doing a great job with this difficult skill! In reading, I am continuing to assess reading comprehension and fluency. We will begin our small group work in the next week or two.  The children have done a great job on our map skills.  We will begin our study of star patterns and we will use the Star Lab on Thursday!

We enjoyed an extra recess and ice cream today to celebrate reaching our compliment goal!

  I will send reminders home regarding the parent/teacher conferences. Please let me know if the day/time does not work for you.  I am also happy to schedule conferences before school.

I am sending the book orders in on Friday. I have added the scholastic link to the blog, feel free to order on-line.

Thank you and enjoy the beautiful weather!
Sue Fitzpatrick

No comments:

Post a Comment